Pack light! After all, it’s about the experience, not the stuff. All you really need to bring are the essentials. Swimwear, towel, change of clothes, sunscreen, camera and some cash for lunch and drinks. The Staniel Cay Yacht Club does accept credit cards (VISA and Mastercard only – they do not accept American Express or Discover). Snorkel equipment is available on the tour boat, but feel free to bring your own. There is a 10lb bag limit per person. Here’s a popular checklist that most guests find helpful:
- CDC-APPROVED FACE MASKS/PROTECTION (Travelers are required to have their own face masks. (You will be provided should you forget but they are in limited supply).
- Passports & Travel Documentation
- Cash for Tips (US Currency is accepted in the Bahamas)
- Power Bank or Portable Phone Charger
- Appropriate Shoes (Sandals, Flip Flops, Water Shoes, etc.)
- Bathing Suit and/or Swim Shorts
- Change of Clothes
- Light Jacket or Sweatshirt
IMPORTANT: VISA/ESTA – if your travel VISA is in an old passport, you must bring it. You will be denied boarding privileges if you do not have the correct travel documents, and no refunds will be issued.
Entry requirements differ depending on what country you are a resident and citizen of. Check the official Islands of the Bahamas website for the most up-to-date information on what documentation is necessary for your country of origin.
NOTE: Where a minor child is traveling with only one parent, a notarized letter of permission from the legal guardian(s)/parent(s) not traveling may be requested. If traveling with non-parents, a notarized letter from the minor’s legal guardian(s)/parent(s) would be required. The letter should indicate that the chaperones are authorized to travel outside the country with the minor, as well as permit the chaperones to seek medical attention for the minor, if necessary.
We will also send you a more detailed requirement list upon confirmation of your tour.