FLIGHTS INTO THE BAHAMAS
The Bahamas is now open to international tourists once again, as of Nov 1, 2020. Commercial flights have resumed.
LATEST COVID-19 INFORMATION
Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19 – The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Staniel Air & Exuma Adventures limits flights to 9 passengers only and, although we take all necessary precautions, we cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19.
By signing our agreements, you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you or your child(ren) may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by flying with Staniel Air and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. You understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 whilst on a flight and/or day tour may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself and others, including, but not limited to employees, other travelers, and their families. You voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to your child(ren) or yourselves (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that you or your child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with your child(ren)’s joining a flight or day tour (“Claims”). On your behalf, and on behalf of your children, you hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Staniel Air & Exuma Adventures, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. You understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Staniel Air & Exuma Adventures employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in the day tour.
UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT REQUIREMENTS – EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 6 2021
Starting on December 6, all air travelers, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status, will be required to show a negative pre-departure COVID-19 viral test taken the day before they board their flight to the United States. For example, a passenger whose flight to the United States is at any time on a Sunday would need to have a negative test taken at any time on Saturday.
BAHAMIAN GOVERNMENT PROTOCOL – EFFECTIVE JANUARY 4 2022
These are the latest protocols and requirements per the Bahamian Government.
Pre-Departure & Arrival
- Effective 27 December, 2021, fully vaccinated persons travelling to The Bahamas from other countries will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR), taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.
- Effective Dec. 27, 2021, unvaccinated travelers, ages 12 and older, entering The Bahamas must obtain a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (including PCR, NAA, NAAT, TMA or RNA) test taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival.
- Effective Dec. 27, 2021, children between the ages of 2 and 11 are required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR), taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas
- Children under the age of 2 are exempt from any testing requirements
STEP 2: Once in possession of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test or a government-issued vaccine card, travelers can apply for their required
Bahamas Travel Health Visa.
- Travel Health Visa applications take up to 48 hours to process and should be completed with adequate lead time.
- The cost of the Travel Health Visa is dependent on length of stay.
In summary, travelers will need:
- Electronic Health Declaration Form online https://travel.gov.bs/
- COVID-19 Negative Test Result from a CLA Certified Laboratory OR government-issued vaccine card.
- Travelers must have a RT PCR COVID-19 swab test completed within 3 (three) days of intended travel.
- Travelers must submit the negative RT PCR COVID-19 test* results or their government-issued vaccine card, along with the Health Declaration – see link https://travel.gov.bs/
- An email approval* “Health VISA” to travel from the Ministry of Tourism/Ministry of Health will be sent to you
- On the day of travel, have copies of your COVID-19 test or vaccine card, Health Visa, and Passport with you
Copies of the above are to be sent to email@example.com for submission along with passports to the Bahamas Health Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) Dates are subject to change. Please call to confirm the latest protocols and procedures if you’re traveling within these designated times.
While traveling to The Bahamas & once arrived, the following protocols must be followed:
- Wear a face mask when entering and transiting terminals, at security and customs screening, at baggage claim.
- Comply with health monitoring procedures:
- Any visitor exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms at any time during their stay will be required to take a rapid antigen test and receive a negative result before being permitted to continue with their vacation.
- If a person tests positive, they will be required to follow up with a COVID-19 RT-PCR swab test.
- Effective February 20, 2022, all travelers, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, are required to take a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test on the 5th day after their arrival and submit results to travel.gov.bs. The day of arrival is considered Day 1 of a person’s stay. This also applies to inter-island travel from Grand Bahama or New Providence.
- All persons traveling into and throughout The Bahamas will be required to complete a short Health Survey during their stay. The survey must be completed upon arrival and each day thereafter for up to 14 days, or the duration of their stay, whichever is shorter
Once on island, wear a face mask and physically distance when in public places:
- When traveling in a taxi or on a bus, standing in lines, entering any establishment, while entering or leaving a restaurant
- When entering and exiting beaches (not required on the beach)
- Before and after exercise (masks must be visible on your person during exercise).
Some islands may be following different orders than others, such as curfews and reduced operating hours and/or services.
Travelers should check the status of their island destination before traveling.
Failure to Follow Protocol
All Rules & Regulations are being enforced.
- Travelers who do not complete a Bahamas Health Travel Visa or present COVID-19 RT-PCR Test with a negative result will be denied entry.
- Travelers who show symptoms of COVID-19 may be transferred to an area away from others for further testing and evaluation, and quarantine may be required by health personnel.
- A $250 fine or a penalty of one month imprisonment, or both, is to be enforced for visitors or residents found not wearing face masks in areas where it is required.
- For travelers staying longer than four (4) nights and five (5) days, failure to take a rapid antigen test on the fifth day will result in a $1,000 fine or one month imprisonment.
- Citizens and residents who fail to complete the daily Health Survey will be required to submit to a mandatory quarantine at a government identified facility.
- Travelers who fail to complete the daily Health Survey will be subject to deportation.
GENERAL TRAVEL INFO
All Participants must have a valid passport to travel to and from the United States. WITHOUT THIS IDENTIFICATION, YOU WILL BE DENIED BOARDING AND WILL NOT BE GIVEN A REFUND. A driver’s license and birth certificate are no longer sufficient for traveling to and from the Bahamas. Citizens of non-US countries may have additional entry requirements for both the US and the Bahamas. The participant is responsible to determine and obtain proper travel documentation such as visas, passports, and notarized authorizations. For more information on U.S. entry requirements, please visit www.travel.state.gov or www.Bahamas.com for your Bahamas entry requirements. Infants and children traveling without both parents must have a notarized letter from the parent(s) not traveling, a death certificate, or the original court document specifying sole custody. No refunds will be made if improper documentation results in denied boarding or entry. For all Staniel Air and Exuma Adventures arranged flights, a government-issued Passport is mandatory for all persons.
PURCHASING TOURS FROM RESELLERS
Please note Staniel Air & Exuma Adventures is the sole operator of the Bahamas Day Tour (also know as the “Day Adventure”) and charter flights. You may have confirmed your tour through a hotel concierge, travel agency or booking agent (Ie bahamasairtours.com, flyingandtravel.com, etc.). For information regarding your day tour, you may contact our Concierge directly and we ask if you had an amazing experience with us that you share a review on TripAdvisor. Returning guests often receive priority seating and pricing when booking directly with Staniel Air.
All Participants (Ie ticketed passengers) must check-in for a flight no later than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. Participants will not receive refunds for missed flights. All passengers must have a valid Passport in their possession upon check-in. Flights close 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time and passengers who show up after this deadline forfeit their seats. No refunds or credit is given in the instance where a passenger shows up after the 30-minute cut off and cannot board the flight. This is considered a “no-show” and no refunds will be given.
ITINERARY CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
The right to a refund if the participant changes or cancels a reservation is limited.
ALL CHARTER/TOUR PAYMENTS (i.e. “Tickets”) ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE.
Staniel Air recommends that all guests traveling purchase travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
Reservations may be changed or canceled up to 48 hours prior to departure with a payment of a $50.00 Administrative Fee per ticket. The particular flight or flights will then be flagged in our system and must be used within 6 months of the date of cancellation. Flights flagged in this manner are not transferable. The net amount of the credit will remain in escrow until it is either used or expires. Upon expiration (6 months), all monies are forfeited by the Participant. Extensions beyond six months are not possible. Participants who do not notify Staniel Air and Exuma Adventures at least 48 hours in advance of their cancellation or change request for a future flight voucher forfeit their right to a refund or credit for future travel. Changes and cancellations can be made by emailing email@example.com the time stamp on your email to us must reflect the 48-hour cutoff or no credit will be noted. If you call our office, you must speak to our representative who will note the change/cancellation in the system. A voice message left to this effect is not acceptable. No credit will be issued for a cancellation or schedule change made less than 48 hours prior to departure. In this instance, the entire charter/tour price is forfeited.
Should Staniel Air cancel the tour due to bad weather i.e. tropical storm or hurricane conditions – Staniel Air reserves the right to decide on whether a full refund is granted or not, or whether a re-scheduling may occur. At this time, local guests are re-scheduled within 6 months and International Travelers are refunded if they are not returning to the USA within the next 12 months.
Should Staniel Air cancel the tour due to insufficient guests on a given day, Staniel Air reserves the right to decide on whether a full refund is granted, or whether a re-scheduling may occur. At this time, local guests are re-scheduled within 6 months and International Travelers are refunded if they are not returning to the USA within the next 12 months.
FREE BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE AND BAGGAGE POLICIES
Each ticketed passenger may check up to 30 lbs. of baggage & a 5 lb. carry on at no charge. Anything over will be charged an Excess Baggage Fee of $3.00 per pound and it is not guaranteed to make your flight. Please note that excess baggage can be accepted on a space-available basis only. If you anticipate having an excess weight of 10lbs per person, please contact us so we may speak with you about your options Any applicable Excess Baggage Fees and/or freight and duty charges are required to be paid at check-in, prior to boarding the plane. The Cessna Grand Caravan operated by Part 135 Charters is not equipped with in-cabin storage, therefore carry-on baggage is limited to one item that weighs no more than 10 lbs. and is small enough to be held in the Participant’s lap during the flight. All checked and carry-on baggage must have outside baggage tags for identification.
Staniel Air and Exuma Adventures assume NO LIABILITY for any items left by a Participant in the passenger compartment of the aircraft. Staniel Air and Exuma Adventures is not liable under any circumstance for loss or damage to any personal items, or other similar valuable items included in a Participant’s checked or unchecked baggage with or without knowledge of the carrier. Staniel Air and Exuma Adventures assume no liability whatsoever for lost or damaged baggage or personal items.
Staniel Air reserves the right to refuse to allow intoxicated passengers or passengers under the influence to board the aircraft. Under FAA FAR 91.17b, except in an emergency, no pilot of a civil aircraft may allow a person who appears to be intoxicated or who demonstrates, by manner of physical indications, that the individual is under the influence of drugs (except a medical patient under proper care), or alcohol, to be carried in that aircraft. In the same manner, Staniel Air Captains reserve the right to refuse the boarding of any intoxicated person(s) onto their boat or vessel, at their sole discretion, if he/she is deemed to be a risk to other passengers.
PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
By confirming your trip, guests agree to share photos and/or videos with Staniel Air for marketing purposes via social media and/or the website. Please note that you & your party may appear in photos that other people have taken and posted on social media unless you specifically request otherwise. We will do our best to accommodate your requests, however, Staniel Air is not responsible for other tour guests’ postings or photography/video captures. While all photography on your trip is welcomed, be advised that the use of drones requires a permit. Please let Staniel Air operators or our Concierge know if you do not want photos or videos shared.
Staniel Air and Exuma Adventures will transport your pet during your charter. Pets must remain confined to an FAA-approved carrier for the duration of the flight. Passenger must provide their own carrier. You must obtain a permit from the Department of Agriculture in the Bahamas for your pet before entering the Bahamas. Their phone number is 242-325-7502 or 7509. This process can take up to 7-14 days so please plan with this in mind. To re-enter the United States, pet owners are required to provide a current rabies vaccination. There is a per pet fee of $100USD for accompanying pets traveling with any passenger.
There are a number of legal regulations all around the world that are designed to protect citizens’ privacy. All are in agreement regarding the necessity of well-written Privacy Policies to ensure the safety of online commerce. One common stipulation is that these Policies must be accessible to users.
CHECKOUT, SELF-BOOKING AND PROMOTIONAL OFFERS
Staniel Air, its affiliates, and resellers reserve the right to review any and all transactions regardless of dollar amount prior to confirming any flights, tours, or accommodations. In the event a checkout error occurs, Staniel Air will contact the proper parties and arrange any corrections, refunds, or additional charges necessary to complete the transaction to satisfy all published pricing and promotions. Errors include but are not limited to; promotional coupons applying the incorrect discount amounts, refunds, adjustments, quotes, freight charges, duties, taxes, VAT, and fuel surcharges. Staniel Air is not responsible for inadvertent errors and will everything in its power to correct such errors in a timely and responsible manner.